The next post-surgical support group will be on Thursday December 3, 4-5 pm. Room S2-310 in the UMass Medical School building.
Please RSVP to the Weight Center 774-443-3886.
The December session will be focused on Mindfulness during the Holidays.
Topics of discussion will include:
1. Finding ways to keep moving during the cold, dark winter months.
2. Being mindful of calories during holiday celebrations – practicing moderation and mindful eating while indulging.
3. Reducing holiday stress – using breath focus to relax and lower anxiety.
4. Recipes and Food Tasting- Soups! Low-carb, high-protein, quick, easy, satisfying, one-pot meals.
5. Dessert flavored teas – Great way to hydrate and satisfy sweet cravings.
These sessions held on the first Thursday of every month are only for patients who have had weight loss surgery. The support group for all Weight Center patients is on the third Thursday of every month – this month’s is on Dec. 17th at 6pm.